This revolutionized blockchain token is currently gaining huge attention from crypto traders due to its ease of trading and other revolutionary features. So if you are new to the crypto world, and want to know how and where to buy XPR (Proton) coins online, here is everything you need to know:
- How To Buy XPR Proton Coins on Gate.io?
- Where To Buy XPR?
- What is a Proton (XPR) coin and Why Should You Buy It?
- What is the current price and market supply of Proton coins?
- Is Proton a good investment? [XPR Price Prediction & Market Analysis]
How To Buy XPR Proton Coins on Gate.io?
In this step-by-step guide, we use Gate.io to buy USDT first and then exchange it for Proton XPR coins because it is one of the largest and most reliable crypto exchange platforms worldwide. Here is how you can do it.
Step 1: Sign up on the Gate.io Platform
- Open this link in the browser on your device and enter all the required details like email id, password, etc. If you have a referral code, you can also enter it to claim your reward BTC points. Click on the “Register” button to proceed further.
- Confirm the verification email received on your registered mail id to verify your email on the platform. You can also add a mobile number as two-factor authentication for additional protection.
Step 2: Buy USDT with the Fiat Money on Gate.io
Once you have completed the KYC process and logged into your account, you have to first purchase USDT on the Gate.io platform by following these steps:
- Click on the “Buy Crypto” option on the homepage’s top navigation bar and choose the “Credit Card” option to buy the currency. We are using this option for fast and instant purchases. If you don’t have a credit card, you can opt for a Bank transfer or P2P trading option.
- Under the buy tab, enter the amount of money you want to utilize to buy that cryptocurrency under the “Buy with Fiat Money” section. Then search for the “USDT” currency under the “Currency Purchased” option, and select the service provider. Click on the “Place Order” option to complete the transaction.
Step 3: Verify your Identity with the KYC process to complete the purchase
- On the checkout page, check all the details once, and if satisfied, click on the “Create Order” or “Buy Crypto” button to finalize your purchase.
- Follow all the required instructions on the screen to complete your KYC process with the service provider. It is essential to verify your user identity for completing the purchase. Upon the successful completion and approval of your KYC, the service provider will immediately complete the transaction and transfer the desired cryptocurrency to your gate.io wallet.
Step 4: Exchange USDT for XPR coins under Spot Trading
Once the USDT coins receive in your wallet, you can exchange them for Proton XPR coins on the same platform by following these steps:
- Click on the “trade” option on the homepage’s top navigation bar and choose the “Spot trading” option.
- Use the search bar to type “XPR” and click on the “XPR/USDT” pair result as we want to exchange USDT for XPR. If you have ETH, you can use “XPR/ETH” as a pair to trade.
- Now head to the “Buy XPR via USDT” option and enter the percentage of USDT you want to exchange for Proton coins. Here you can see the price of XPR coins and how much you have to pay in USDT to buy these coins. Choose the amount of XPR you want to buy in terms of percentage by exchanging USDT for the same. If you want to utilize all the USDT coins, choose the 100% option or other options accordingly.
- Now click on the “Buy” button to confirm your purchase, and that’s it. You have successfully purchased XPR proton coins on the gate.io platform via USDT.
Step 5: Store Proton (XPR) coins securely in a Webauth Wallet or Hardware Wallet
After buying Proton coins using any of the exchange platforms mentioned in this guide, it is wise to keep them secure on its official Webauth wallet or any reliable hardware wallet.
Web auth is more secure than other digital wallets as it is not available as a desktop wallet. Its mobile application is available for both Android and iOS devices to keep your private keys more secure on your devices through biometric security. It is a decentralized identity built on the Proton blockchain for multi factor authentication, payment processing, crypto transactions on Web 3.0, etc.The Webauth wallet works like Google Authenticator and other 2-Factor Authentication Platforms. The only difference is that it uses its decentralized identity (DeID) framework to verify user identities to secure your wallet against hackers and unauthorized access.
However, if you have a large crypto portfolio, you can go for the Hardware wallet – A USB enabled device that keeps your wallet information offline and safe. Hardware wallets are more reliable and secure than any digital wallets as they share information on the Crypto network at the time of trading. You can activate them by downloading their official software from the website. Some of the best hardware wallets available in the market are:
Where To Buy XPR?
Currently, the Proton (XPR) coin is listed on limited crypto exchange platforms worldwide (around 15) for trading and exchange, like:
- Gate.io – XPR/USDT, XPR/ETH
- KuCoin – XPR/USDT, XPR/BTC
- PancakeSwap – XPR/WBNB
- OKX – XPR/USDT
- BitGlobal – XPR/USDT
- BitThumb – XPR/KRW
Unlike other major cryptocurrencies, you cannot buy XPR crypto on these platforms via Fiat money. It can be purchased only in pairs using the second currency available in the pair, as we have mentioned above. Depending upon the platform you use, this second currency could be BTC, USDT, ETH or BNB coin.
So, first, you have to purchase any of these stablecoins using any reliable crypto exchange platforms like Coinbase, Binance, Gate.io (whatever costs you a low gas fee) and then exchange them for XPR coins on any of the platforms mentioned above.
Alternatively, you can also swap your second currency for XPR proton coins on the Proton Swap platform by transferring your second currency coins in the Proton wallet (like you use Trust wallet or Metamask wallet).
1. How is the Proton Blockchain Unique and Secure?
The current aim of the Proton blockchain is to bridge the gap between traditional finance and cryptocurrencies to overcome the data privacy challenges. The platform is built on a secure network called Proton Chain, which revolves around the concept of key encryption. Every user gets @name as an identity or username on the Proton platform.
After claiming its user handle or identity, the user has to complete the KYC and AML requirements to use the platform for crypto trading. With this user identity (which acts as an authenticator), the user can verify transactions on the Proton chain or any other network. The best thing is that any Fiat provider can tap into the Proton protocol to let users push or pull fiat or crypto payments between any accounts or networks without a data breach.
2. Who are the creators of the Proton (XPR) coin?
Unlike many other crypto coins, the creators of the Proton coin are public and listed on its official website. The founder of the Proton (XPR) coin is Marshall Hayner (also a CEO & Co-Founder of various companies like QuickCoin, Dogecoin.info and Block.io). The other Co-Founder is Glenn Merien (founder of Dogecoin.info). Apart from them, there are eight other people in the team that you can check here.
3. Is Proton (XPR) Coin listed on Coinbase?
No, sadly, the Proton coin is not listed on Coinbase yet, so you cannot buy it directly on this platform. However, you can use the Coinbase platform to buy any major or stable coin like BTC, Tether, ETH, etc., as a second currency to exchange the Proton coins on the supported exchange platforms.
4. Can we buy Proton (XPR) coins with cash?
No, you cannot buy XPR crypto directly via cash on any supported exchange platforms. However, you can use the crypto exchange platforms like LocalBitcoins to buy any major coin like USDT, ETH or BTC using a cash deposit or other cash options. Then using that currency, you can buy XPR tokens on any other platform. However, the platform charges a more fee than other platforms.
What is a Proton (XPR) coin and Why Should You Buy It?
Proton (XPR) is a new era cryptocurrency token built on the Smart Contact Platform to function as a decentralized blockchain. Introduced in San Francisco, the platform is developed to make peer-peer transactions hassle-free, fast and cheap (with low or no gas fees, unlike other crypto exchange platforms). It is a combined effort of Metal Pay and Lynx to make cryptocurrencies more accessible and secure for crypto traders worldwide.
All the transactions on the XPR platform are recorded on the blockchain with a unique user identity. The best thing about this platform is that it eliminates the need to share private keys with other institutions to verify your identity.
The platform provides each user with public keys to confirm by merchants or institutions for examining the user identity, and keeping other sensitive information and private keys confidential. It creates an additional permission layer on traditional credit/debit cards or bank transfer options.
The other best thing about the Proton platform is that all user transactions are free and much faster than other blockchain networks. The platform processes 4,000 transactions per second, making around 40 million transactions per day.
The coin works on a Point-of-Stake census mechanism, giving its long-term coin holders rewards in terms of Proton tokens for trading on the platform. All these features make this coin highly popular and worth buying in the blockchain world.
What is the current price and market supply of Proton coins?
The current price of the proton coin is $0.004738, with an increase of 22.40% in the last 24 hours. The 24-hour trading volume of Proton coins is $25,303,789. Currently, the coin is ranking at #354 on CoinMarketCap. The current circulating supply of Proton coins is 13,803,144,765 XPR. [Stats as of Aug 12, 2022]
Proton (XPR) coin was first tradable on 6th April 2020, and on 27th April 2020, the coin attained its all-time high value of $0.1007. The current market capitalization of this coin is $65,899,399.65, while the fully diluted market capitalization is $63,375,435.47.
Is Proton a good investment? [XPR Price Prediction & Market Analysis]
Indeed the Proton (XPR) is a safe and promising cryptocurrency of 2022, so investors are investing in it heavily. Currently, the coin is developing as one of the largest cryptocurrencies after BTC, ETH and USDT worldwide. The reason behind it is its secure Proton chain network, strategic collaborations with other financial institutes and platforms and the social acceptance of the coin.
The Proton (XPR) coin has already attained its all-time high value of $0.1 in the past (2 years ago) just after a few days of its launch, without listing on Coinbase and most other major crypto exchange platforms. This growth is definitely incredible and unusual to see in the constantly rising blockchain world. If the platform keeps growing at its pace, with the coin getting listed in the future on Coinbase and other major exchange platforms, it can indeed see a rise of 100-200% over 2022-2025.
The future of this coin is definitely bright with the rise of the blockchain world, giving people all the right reasons to invest in it. However, the blockchain world is very volatile, and we cannot confirm the rise or fall of any cryptocurrency with surety. So it will be interesting to see how this coin performs in the upcoming years.
Disclaimer: All the prices and data provided in this article are based on the coin’s current growth and by no means is financial advice for anyone. Traders should do their research before investing in any kind of cryptocurrency.