Samsung recently launched the much-awaited Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8+ and it would not be an exaggeration to say that it is one of best smartphone currently present in the market. Samsung Galaxy S8 is a beautiful device and thanks to infinity display it feels like you are just holding a display. The curved display on both sides add to the beauty of the device and it is a perfect mixture of metal & glass.
Samsung has worked a lot on its latest flagship and one of the most noticeable change is the display. To make the screen better & beautiful, Samsung ditched the fingerprint scanner at the front side and has moved it all the way to back near the rear camera. Samsung has also opted for a new screen ratio of 18:9 to provide a bigger display on a smaller screen. The device runs on latest Android Nougat with Samsung Skin on the top and if you wish to root your phone, you need to install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S8.
- You must enable USB debugging & OEM Unlocking before installing TWRP. You will need Developer access for this, go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number & tap 7 times on Build Number to get developer access. Now, go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging & tap to enable it.
- This process can wipe out the data so we suggest you to take the backup.
- Ensure that your Galaxy S8 is 50% charged.
- PC with Internet Connection, USB Cable (preferably original) & your Galaxy S8.
- Download the Custom Recovery File for S8.
Install TWRP Recovery in Samsung Galaxy S8
- Download & Extract the Odin Tool for Windows.
- Switch off your phone. Now, press & hold volume down, home & power button at the same time for 3-4 seconds and it will go into download mode. Now, connect your phone to PC via USB Cable.
- Now, open Odin on your PC. It will indicate you a message ‘Added’. This means Odin Tool is all set for flashing Custom Recovery on your Galaxy S8.
- Now, click on either ‘AP’ or ‘PDA’ to select the Custom Recovery which is in .tar 0r tar.md5 extension. After selecting the file click on Start Option in Odin.
- All the settings will remain unchecked except ‘Auto Reboot’ & ‘F. Reset Time’. You need to check these settings.
- As soon as you click on start button, it will start the process and it will take 5-8 minutes to complete. Once completed Odin will show a message ‘PASS’ and your Galaxy S8 will automatically reboot and restart. Keep the phone plugged into PC until the process is complete.
That’s it, You’ve successfully installed TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy S8.